Re: [Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net: Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux]

On Sunday, December 26, 2021 08:06:14 AM Mayuresh wrote:
> Printing a map between raw and transformed pixel values shows that for a
> given raw pixel value there are multiple transformed values i.e. the
> transformation is not a function of pixel's value alone. It seems some
> sort of filtering where the neighboring pixels also influence the
> resultant value.

That is not surprising -- there are a variety of image processing algorithms
that work on a basis something like that, e.g., algorithms to improve focus /
sharpness.

I don't have any idea how you might sort of "back caculate" to figure out which
algorithm or combination of algorithms might have been applied, but I suppose
there might be a way to do that.