Re: Packaging TechneNotes [Was: Re: Project proposal for the Debian Med group]

Hi,

Am Wed, Dec 08, 2021 at 04:21:30PM +0200 schrieb Andrius Merkys:
> Dear Guido,
>
> On 2021-11-20 13:48, Guido Rovera wrote:

... all well said.

> You may start from Debian packaging portal [1], but I cannot seem to
> find it presenting the modern tools which highly simplify packaging
> (git-buildpackage, debhelper, sbuild, ...). I ended up describing the
> steps I take myself to package any new source package [2], you may start
> from this small tutorial and see where it takes you to.

I've hold a packaging workshop at DebConf21.  May be the video[3] is
helpful.

> > Finally, my software (TechneNotes) is substantially different from
> > Cherry Tree, with key improvements in terms of:
> > - user interface: most note-taking app display a vertical tree in the
> > sidebar, which is definitely not suitable for managing large volumes of
> > notes; although it required a lot more effort, TechneNotes was
> > implemented with a database-table view with treeview functionalities
>
> As I am not using any note-taking software myself, I cannot comment on
> the pros and cons of this, however.

Same for me and I fail to see any connection to Debian Med.

[3] https://laotzu.ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/debian-meetings/2021/DebConf21/debconf21-142-live-packaging-workshop.webm