Re: Where can we find latest upstream source of beads

Hi Filippo,

Am Sat, Nov 06, 2021 at 11:37:12PM +0100 schrieb Filippo Rusconi:
> Dear Andreas,
>
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2021 at 07:53:55AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > > you uploaded beads 1.1.19 and 1.1.20 but the watch file points to some
> > > location[1] where only 1.1.18 is listed.  The Homepage field even points
> > > to some URL[2] where only 1.1.13 is advertised.
> > >
> > > Could you please fix the watch file and Homepage (or at least point us
> > > to the new location of the latest source)?
>
> Finally coming back from vacations on monday. Seeing your messages, thank you
> for them !
>
> Well, yes, this was an old repos. We switched to salsa.
>
> Oh! I need to get my head around the watch file grammar again :-(.
>
> This is the actual location:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/beads/-/tags/1.1.20
>
> I edited the watch file and committed the edit. You can see it here:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/beads/-/blob/master/debian/watch
>
> I hope it works for you: the watch file syntax is beyond my
> neuropsychointellectual capabilities...

Hmmm, you develop the **upstream** code at salsa?  That's very unusual
and I wonder whether this is a good idea.  Usually upstream goes to
gitlab / github / whatever and we fetch the source tarball from there.

I can not see any reason why using salsa is really a bad idea for
upstream - I have never seen this before and its just a gut feeling.
In any case it is definitely not a good idea if the homepage of
beads does not point to the latest source.  Could you please fix this?