Re: Autopkgtest Review

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 01, 2021 at 12:07:35AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> This error is legit, and it is a candidate for *RC bug* and I believe mirtop should be uploaded
> with this thing fixed ASAP. I've attempted to
> (hackishly) fix it here[6], and things look fine both with autopkgtests and on
> a bit of manual testing.
>
> However, I'd appreciate a review before I upload. Mostly, I expect this
> review from @Andreas.

I have reverted all pending non-critical changes and uploaded the autopkgtest
and your fix only and filed an unblock request (#990512).

> > [1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/seirsplus

I think this is OK, but this package needs an upstream update anyway and
thus we should wait until after the freeze (I personally see no point in
doing an upload to experimental).  Thanks in any case for the test - its
a bit unfortunate timing for your GSoC project to happen in Debian
freeze time since your work does not come into effect quickly.  But on
the other hand you learn something about the Debian release process.

> > [2] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/salmid

You added a license for the data which is fine.  Please note that the
DEP5 machine readable format for d/copyright requires a real text to
explain the license (which I added).

There is also some discussion about the size of data that are permitted
to be shipped with a package.  The fastq file should be somehow OKish
to my personal perception.  To be sure that it is OK for everybody I
simply xz compressed the file with an about 90% compression rate so it
should be fine for everybody.

Same here, the upload should be wait until after the release.

> I think similar changes need to be made here, for testing in a clean
> temporary dir instead of project root.

What exactly do you mean?  The tests are doing

  cd "${AUTOPKGTEST_TMP}"

which is a clean temporary dir IMHO.

> But at this point, I defer the
> review for there two to Andreas again.

That's perfectly fine - you did way more for this GSoC project than
I did.  Thanks a lot for this!