Re: Outreachy applicant

Hi Mehaboob,

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 2:12 PM mehaboob shariff <mehaboob097@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Pranav,
I had a look at the outreachy project page and I need some help if don't mind because im new to debian

1) I have done the preprocessing setup.
2) for the sbuild step do I have to download packages to run it or I don't understand in which directory I should run the sbuild.

You can install sbuild like any other package and run it from any directory. Please go through the sbuild manual [1], particularly the Using sbuild-debian-developer-setup [2] section to set up sbuild and a chroot.

3) are the packages downloaded automatically in the preprocessing step ?

Do you mean packages for which you have to write tests? No, they're hosted at Salsa [3], and you will have to clone each package individually, just like any git repo.

4) I also had a look at the bug pages and I couldn't get how to reproduce the bugs or where to fix them.

Bugs here just serve to put up applications tasks and keep track of whether they have been completed. There's no bug per se for you to reproduce, but you're required to write autopkgtests as shown in examples linked on the Outreachy page. You can then push your changes to Salsa itself and ask for a review on this mailing list.

Could you please provide some guidance
If you have any more questions, please feel free to send them to the mailing list.

Regards,
Pranav