Re: Please upload htcondor to take over maintenance of Debian HPC Team (Was: Moving htcondor to Debian Med and trying to upgrade)

Hi Tim,

Am Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 04:16:47PM +0000 schrieb Tim Theisen:
> I am working on merging in your updates that apply. I see that you were working with the 9.4.0 release. I thought that stability was the primary goal of Debian and we should be following our LTS series, rather than following the feature series. So, my work is based on the 9.0.x series.

That's perfectly fine.

> Do you think that we should be chasing the feature series? It is what we are using in production. And it has the latest features. However, some I am a little concerned that if Debian does a code freeze in the middle of feature development, that the version in Debian that persists for years does not match up with any stable release.

You are definitely the experts to decide - I just took what uscan is
delivering.  So if you might like to code debian/watch in a way that
only those series are reported as new versions that you consider as
sensible for Debian, this would be helpful.

> So, after some reflection, I think that we can go ahead with the feature version, the plan at that the current feature series will become our next LTS which is planned for this spring (well ahead of the bookworm freeze).

I'm perfectly fine with any of your decisions.  I'm not a user of
HTCondor - just intended to take over what I found in NeuroDebian
repository and upgraded as usual to the latest tag.

> Still, I think that in general, we should maintain the HTCondor LTS release in Debian testing. Let me know if you think otherwise.

What I think is way less relevant here.  I simply trust your experience.

> P.S. HTCondor built in Debian test passes our test suite.

Great.  Please upload and make sure the Git repository on Salsa
is in sync.  I'll remove the repository in Debian Med accordingly
to make sure users will not be confused.