Re: [Help needed] Racon

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 01:24:49AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Would someone have more hints on the problem?
>
> >Hi Tony, Thanks for replying.
>
> >On 12/20/21 12:59 AM, tony mancill wrote:
>>notice that libedlib0 [1] exported the
>>edlibAlign symbol, but not libedlib1, which
>>is what is pulled in by libedlib-dev. Could
>>that be the source of the problem?

Hi Nilesh,

After updating libedlib to build the shared libraries and adjusting the
symbols file, I have everything working locally, including racon's
build-time tests.  I will add notes to my commits and the changelog so
it is clear what happened.  First I will upload the update to libedlib
and then an update to racon for its autopkgtests.

A few notes:

1.  There is a bit of mismatch in the libedlib/changelog [1], since
Andreas uploaded [2], but it isn't reflected in the changelog in the
repo, nor is there a tag in the repo.  I will address both of these.

2.  The current autopkgtest configured for racon doesn't work because
the TEST_DATA path is defined at build-time and there doesn't appear to
be an easy way to pass the path into the test at run-time.  That is, we
need to reinstate something like the work Michael did in [3].  However,
there's not much point in merely rerunning racon_test, since that's the
same test performed during the package build [4].   I think we can come
up with another test of the installed software.

Cheers!
tony

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/libedlib/-/blob/1f7f7a27818667289f1652c815f82785d58074ff/debian/changelog
[2] https://tracker.debian.org/news/1267047/accepted-libedlib-127-2-source-into-unstable/