ITK v5 in salsa

Hi,

I finally spent a few hours last night to get ITK v5 sources building.  There's
still packaging work to do but I've pushed the interim results into salsa.
Note: as previously discussed, python bindings are removed.

On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 1:34:22 A.M. CDT ghisvail@gmail.com wrote:

> I am indeed familiar with the existing ITK v4 packaging. I am also
> aware that the medical community is very unlickly to switch all their
> ITK dependencies from v4 to v5 overnight. Having handled some of these
> transitions upstream myself, I know from personal experience that these
> things take time.

Yep.  But ITK v4 has issues building with C++11 and is currently scheduled for
removal from Debian.  I spent some time a week or two ago to see if I could fix
this and it seems like more work than I'm willing to put in.  So I think
Debian itself is going to force a removal of ITK v4.  For this reason, I've
just committed v5 into mainline of salsa.  If desired, a branch can be made to
continue v4 development.

-Steve