Re: sortmerna: "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthreads"

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> from time to time I'm stumbling upon cmake based project about this
> linker error ... and I always forget what to do.  If anybody could have
> a look at sortmerna I would be happy.

Please look (much) earlier in the log for the actual error, in this case[1]

  CMake Error at src/sortmerna/CMakeLists.txt:15 (find_package):
    Could not find a package configuration file provided by "RocksDB" with any
    of the following names:
      RocksDBConfig.cmake
      rocksdb-config.cmake
    Add the installation prefix of "RocksDB" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
    "RocksDB_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
    "RocksDB" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
    been installed.

In general, the -lpthreads error is harmless noise from standard CMake
logic, and just appears at the end of the log because debhelper's standard
practice is to dump the contents of CMakeError.log in the event of any
errors, since in other cases that file can provide crucial details.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/sortmerna/-/jobs/2090520#L1205

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu