Re: Why is isal limited to just three archs?

Hi

On Sat, 16 Oct 2021 at 10:42, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:

> On 10/16/21 9:09 AM, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > Hi Ondřej,
> >
> > I see that isal package is limited to amd64, arm64 and kfreebsd-amd64.
> > Is there a particular reason for this? -- Is it possible to extend
> > support to other archs?
> >
> > Actually, a -med team package fastp has started to depend on
> > libisal-dev, and this
> > now is limited to the few archs isal supports. So it would be really
> > nice if isal
> > can build on more archs.
> >
> > Please do let me know.
> >
> > Nilesh
>
> Hi,
>
> Did you look into the source package? isal is written in assembly
> language...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

I see at least an erasure_code/ppc64le directory.

I did a quick test build in Ubuntu and the package built and passed
its tests on armhf, ppc64el and riscv64, failing only because of
missing symbols.  Perhaps the reduced libisal2.symbols.arm64 can be
used for other architectures as well?

Regards
Graham