Re: libcifpp

Hi Andrius,

Op 01-10-2021 om 07:32 schreef Andrius Merkys:
I think that not shipping components.cif in
a binary package and downloading it in postinst is a viable solution.
But I would rely on the choice the user makes during the package
configuration (as is done now for mmcif_pdbx_v50.dic). A default option
would be "No" for non-interactive installs.

OpenStructure depends on components.cif, and I will make its postinst
emit a red warning if components.cif is not downloaded by libcifpp-data:

   No components.cif found. Please configure libcifpp-data to download
   this file. Otherwise some functions may not work.

Does this make sense?

I think that is the best we can do.

I will change my code as well. Perhaps by complaining to stderr about missing CCD data the moment it is required by an application using libcifpp. And this complaint should then also give a hint how to resolve this once (run an update manually) or by enabling the cron job in the config file.

--
Maarten L. Hekkelman
http://www.hekkelman.com/