Re: libcifpp

Op 29-09-2021 om 15:15 schreef Nilesh Patra:

Everyone and their grandmother is currently working on getting libcifpp through the ballot. Very much appreciated. But I just managed to release version 2.0.

You can move your changes into salsa if you like, but do not upload to unstable until the one from new is accepted.
I just committed my changes to salsa, however, this is not building yet.

Problem is, the current build process tries to download a huge CCD file (components.cif) and this somehow fails since in the debian package building environment the directories are perhaps mapped differently.

Anyway, question is if this file should be downloaded at all. The package now comes with a separate libcifpp-data package containing the script to update this and other data files.

Should I add a call to this update script in the post install hook? Having 500MB of data in Debian that's probably updated the very next day after installation seems very inconvenient, right?

-maarten

--
Maarten L. Hekkelman
http://www.hekkelman.com/