Re: htslib autoremoval triggers

On Thu, 26 Aug 2021 at 17:03, Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu> wrote:
Hi there,

I had a quick look at the autoconf issue, but I now witness a
slightly different symptom of ftbfs.  I'm considering to push
some newer upstream versions and upload to experimental, to have
a picture of the situation; beginning with htscodecs upgrade.

... Or, if you have some free cycles, you can test the reverse(+-build) with ruby-team/meta[1] or ratt[2]

ruby-team/meta gives you also the option to choose the dependencies that you want to rebuild/retest - and there are not _many_ important ones,
so doing this could save us some time, and help avoid the round trip to experimental -> see britney pseudo-excuses -> unstable

But of course, if you want it the experimental way that is fine too

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/meta
[2]: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ratt

Nilesh