Stan statistics programming - interesting buut missing

Hello,

I need to add "Stan" to the list of languages to have a closer look at
(https://mc-stan.org).  We do not have a Debian package for this
statistics programming environment. R has rspan as an interface, so do
Python, Matlab, Julia - you name them. Have a look at the documentation
- very stimulating and (admittedly) educative.

If someone on this list is using Stan already - I was missing it in my
attempt to collect dependencies of sigfit (-> rspan -> span) - what else
is there that I was not aware of? I did not find a Debian package of
stan, which comes as a bit of a surprise, admittedly. Any takers?

Cheers,
Steffen