Re: Autopkgtests for quorum

On 5/26/21 5:18 PM, Shruti Sridhar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have taken the examples from filtlong and pushed the changes for quorum (https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/quorum)

Great stuff.

> I have also added autopkgtests for Nanosv (https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/nanosv)

Ah, this one is not right - no worries, though. You have added binaries in the package, and the build too fails, as you might see on salsa CI[1]

I'd suggest this:

* The data contains .bam files - this is usually not good.
So I'd suggest that simply convert the .bam to .sam files,
sam files are not binary data unlike bam files and in the run-unit-test script, convert sam -> bam again
for testing

samtools package[2] available in the archive should help you do that

As an example, similar stuff is done in "stringtie" package, you might want to see this[3] and this[4]

* The size of test data is 12M, and even after converting to sam, if size is still more than 1M (which my past experience says will be the case) -  such a size
qualifies as "huge" for this package and hence the data should be embedded - like you did for changeo[5]

* Please mention the source of these files in d/tests/README, and probably also add an entry in d/copyright

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/nanosv/-/jobs/1667358
[2]: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/samtools
[3]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/stringtie/-/blob/master/debian/tests/README
[4]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/stringtie/-/blob/master/debian/tests/run-unit-test#L17