Re: libvbz-hdf-plugin (Was: CuteSV (Was: PyEnsembl - how does that help us?))

On Tue, 25 May 2021 at 01:04, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 12:15:37AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> Ah, one thing:
>
> $ cat debian/libvbz-hdf-plugin-dev.install
> #!/usr/bin/dh-exec
>
> usr/lib/*/lib*.so
> vbz_plugin/*.h vbz/*.h vbz/v0/*.h obj-${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/*/*/*.h usr/include/vbz-compression
>
> Shouldn't the usr/include dir change here to maybe usr/include/vbz-hdf-plugin or something similar - since the package was renamed from vbz-compression?

Probably - but it all depends where the header files are finally
seeked.  May be it should be even in usr/include ?

This is where I was kinda stumped. There is no instruction in the upstream build system to install header files, and I manually installed all header files that could be of use.
Usually upstream has instructions for installing it a sensible place, hence I'm not sure where to go from here - I'd appreciate your help

Nilesh