Re: Please use a free license for blimps and sift

Hi,

a really long time ago we were talking about licensing blimps and sift.
The package sift now received a bug report[1] which is somehow caused by
the non-free license.  I personally do not use blimps and sift and I do
not have any interest in maintaining non-free software (since it is
really hard to deal with such kind of bugs and other issues that prevent
using the full Debian infrastructure).  That's why I intend to orphan or
even remove blimps and sift from Debian except there will be a free
license in the next couple of months.

So I'd happily keep on working on the packages if you would be able to
put it under a free license.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/987606