Re: MRtrix3

Hi

On Wed, 3 Mar, 2021, 5:10 pm Julien Lamy, <lamy@unistra.fr> wrote:
Hi all,
I've updated the Salsa repository for MRtrix3 so that the package now
builds correctly. There are still a couple of issues :

Lintian complains about unnecessary-team-upload.

Please add your work to the changelog and make yourself the changelog holder for this revision. Do

$ gbp dch

and trim anything else that is needed

Is this just the matter
of Andreas' entry in the changelog?

Yeah, people in Uploaders field aren't supposed to add "Team Upload"

All binaries are installed in /usr/lib/mrtrix3/bin.

They are being symlinked to usr/bin see here[1]

Is there a reason I
missed or may I move them to /usr/bin?

I do not understand the reason for setting up symlinked here either.
In principle they can and should be installed in usr/bin
But probably only @Yaroslav (in CC) could answer that question as to why they aren't and are symlinked instead.

I'd suggest that for "now" just leave it as is i.e. do not change any install paths

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/mrtrix3/-/blob/master/debian/mrtrix3.links

Nilesh