Workflow for releasing new upstream versions to experimental?

Hi,

Since soft freeze is around the corner, and new upstream versions which are **not** targeted fixes is _discouraged_[1]

I plan uploading all new upstream versions till the release of bullseye to experimental. Hence I wanted to ask, is it sane to directly commit things to "master" branch with changelog revision x.y.z-w~0exp0?

In principle, it would be committed to d/experimental branch for a saner workflow, but after bullseye release, this branch can (in most cases) be directly merged with master. So instead of maintaining an extra branch, and modifying gbp workflow to use that, can commit new upstream releases directly to master(and ofcourse, release to experimental)?

Right now I'm following the defined workflow(of d/experimental branch), but if there are no objections, I'd go with what I proposed

[1]: https://release.debian.org/bullseye/FAQ.html

Nilesh