Re: New version of pilon has build issues

Hi Bruce and Andreas,

Le 05/02/2021 à 05:12, Bruce Walker a écrit :
Hi Andreas,

I am the upstream author of Pilon, and I built the new 1.24 release using a modern 2.13.x Scala compiler and library (along with a java 11 JRE, previously was java 8). I’m sure the issue is in those changes. I will take a look when I get a chance (probably over the weekend).

This is likely an issue linked to Scala, as Scala is unfortunately stuck to version 2.11 in Debian. Updating Scala in Debian would imply updating Scala Build Tool, which in turn should be compiled with Scala... Well, quite a lot of work (which will need to be done one day, still).

Bruce, besides, could you please tell us what version of htsjdk you are relying on? I am noticing the error

error: value asScala is not a member of htsjdk.samtools.SAMRecordIterator

—bruce

Best regards,
Pierre