Re: PIQUE packaging (Was: request for r-cran packages) [correction]

On 20/07/2020 13:03, Andreas Tille wrote:
[...]
OK, just ITPed package.  BTW, I was running make in the tests dir and
it ends with:

Analysis finished: Mon Jul 20 13:56:47 2020

Create sativas_GWAS.covar file...
smartpca -p sativas_GWAS.par > sativas_GWAS-smartpca.log
OOPS -i flag not specified at /usr/bin/smartpca line 21.
pique: error - Can't read sativas_GWAS.evec
make: *** [Makefile:29: input] Fehler 255

Hi, Andreas.

I created a pristine Ubuntu-MATE 20.04 VM, installed "med-bio" and "med-bio-dev" into it, then installed PIQUE from GitHub without any tar-ball dependencies. The only missing dependency was "libparallel-forkmanager-perl", which I installed, and then the PIQUE test ran without error.

Sorry that PIQUE has become so out-of-date and unmaintained. We do use it a lot under Ubuntu-MATE 18.04, but I'm now upgrading to 20.04 LTS.

I'll update PIQUE on Github and remove the tar-ball dependencies from it now that everything I need is available in "med-bio" or "med-bio-dev".

Thanks again for your work packaging PIQUE,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk