Re: Cannot install libinsight4-dev

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 07:22:03AM +0000, Antoni Villalonga wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 03:23:32PM +0000, Gregory Sharp wrote:
> > It seems libinsight4-dev does not install on sid.  Could be related to [1]?
> > I can try to fix if someone could recommend how to do this.
> >
> > $ sudo apt-get install libinsighttoolkit4-dev
> > Reading package lists...
> > Building dependency tree...
> > Reading state information...
> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> > or been moved out of Incoming.
> > The following information may help to resolve the situation:

> >  libznz3 : Breaks: libnifti2 (<= 3.0)
> > E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
> >
> > [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=968730
> >
> > Greg Sharp
> > gregsharp@geocities.com
>
> Hi,
>
> I can install libinsighttoolkit4-dev on a clean sid chroot.
> May other packages already installed be causing the problem?
>
> Regards,

Again,

# apt install libnifti2 libinsighttoolkit4-dev

Reproduces the problem.

That's caused because 'nifticlib' binary packages are not uploaded to sid.
https://packages.debian.org/sid/libnifti2

For some reaseon, 3.0 sources seems to be available but only 2.0 binary are.

May be a DD can check and upload them. That should solve the problem.

Regards,

--
Antoni Villalonga
https://friki.cat/