[Review needed] simde fixes for plast

Hi,

Plast currently has a RC bug[1] filed for FTBFS on arm64 arch(despite Arch: any-amd64 x32 in control file)

I observed that this was using {e,p}mmintrin.h and hence I tried applying Michael's simde trick to make it build across other arches. I tried doing a patch, and I am able to build it in an arm64 porter box with my changes applied.
(I do not have access to any other porter box at the moment, hence un-tested there)

However since I'm pretty new to this stuff, I'm not sure if my changes are good to go - hence it'd be really great if Michael or anybody else could take a review and either upload, or give me a confirmation to go with the upload.

I followed the steps in the wiki[2], and my changes are pushed to the simde branch of plast repository in salsa[3].

[1]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=976525
[2]: https://wiki.debian.org/SIMDEverywhere
[3]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/plast/-/commits/simde

Thanks and Regards,