Re: [RFS] srst2 0.2.0-8 refresh

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2020-11-10 16:58:19 +0100:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 04:19:43PM +0100, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> > I rediscovered an rdeps/ directory on my machine, in which there
> > were a few remaining checks I forgot about with relation to
> > Biopython 1.78 upgrade.  I spotted some uses of the now
> > deprecated Bio.Alphabet module in srst2, and took that
> > opportunity to refresh the package.
> >
> > Changes are available for review on Salsa:
> >
> > 	https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/srst2
>
> Thanks a lot for your work on this.

You're welcome, I also have seqmagick that was remaining in that
directory under my radar.  Since changes here were not trivial
in that package, I'm really not confident pushing changes right
now.  Upstream is reviewing the patch at the moment:

	https://github.com/fhcrc/seqmagick/pull/89

Next time, it looks like I really ought to use experimental, and
report more methodically these breaking changes in the BTS.

> > Salsa CI is failing on i386 build due to missing bowtie2; other
> > than that all markers should show a green light.  If it seems
> > okay, feel free to upload or grant me upload permission.
>
> I've added a slight change to debian/tests/control to avoid running the
> test on architectures where bowtie2 is not available.
>
> My mail to debian-devel[1] is touching this topic.

> [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2020/11/msg00118.html

Makes sense, I have been reluctant to bring it myself for the
reasons you mention though.

> I'll grant you Upload permissions for future uploads anyway.

FWIW, I synchronised my local copy with Salsa, including the new
position of the last debian/ tag, if needed.  Thanks!  :)

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da