testing the test environment

Hi,

Is it possible to test (debug) the environment in which packages are built and packaged? Or do I continue by guessing what might cause a problem and try to see if my guess is correct by submitting a new version?

Libzeep e.g. has test code and this fails with a 'host not found' error. This is probably because my test code tries to connect to 127.0.0.1 and I should perhaps have used 'localhost' instead. But I'm not sure if that will work. So now I can create a patch replacing the numeric version with the string and hope this will work. I'd rather be sure this is the fix needed before I submit another version.

regards, -maarten