Re: Comments on simrisc (Was: simrisc_13.02.01-1_amd64.changes is NEW)

Hi Tony,

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 11:42:35AM -0700, tony mancill wrote:

> > I have some slight remarks about some details in the Debian Med team.
> >
> > In Salsa repositories we are usually setting integrations to send
> > e-mail on push and also ircer to get other team members informed.
> > I did so manually now.  Its more easy if you use the script
> >
> >    https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/helper-scripts/-/blob/master/inject-into-salsa-git
> >
> > which is doing this automatically for you.
>
> I was wondering about integrations but was also trying to follow this
> section of the policy [1]:
>
> > Creating a new repository on Salsa
> >
> > Before pushing to salsa.debian.org for the first time, an empty
> > repository needs to be created there in the Gitlab interface.
>
> [1] https://med-team.pages.debian.net/policy/#common-git-repository-structures
>
> Do you mind if I submit a merge request for the policy?

I'd be super happy if you would even commit directly to enhance policy.

> > Moreover we are assembling citation data about scientific publications
> > in debian/upstream/metadata.  I added the two citations from your
> > description.  Usually we do not link to those publications from the
> > long description but I leave this for your personal decision.
>
> Thank you for your guidance here.

You are welcome.

> > Once we are adding new packages to Debian Med its a good idea to add the
> > package to a task of the debian-med source package to show up on the
> > tasks pages and in a metapackage (later).  I just added simrisc to the
> > oncology task[1].  May be it might also useful in practice or his -
> > please note that the tasks are not exclusive and one package might show
> > up in more than one task of the whole set[2].  (Simrisc and its citations
> > will show up here *after* the according gatherers will have fetched the
> > citations and new queue - so may be not before tomorrow.)
>
> Perfect.  I will familiarize myself with the tasks.

You can see the result here:

    https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/oncology#simrisc

> > Finally I have removed debian/README.test from the packaging since there
> > is no autopkgtest and this file from our packaging template does not
> > make any sense.
>
> Right - that was a miss on my part.  I need to up my game about tests.
> For simrisc, I need to confer with Frank, but I believe that we should
> be able to add an autopkgtest at a later date.

Perfectly fine for now.  Having a test later would be great.

> > Kind regards and thanks again for your contribution
>
> Thank you for taking the time to review the package and provide detailed
> feedback!
>
> One last question... Should I upload another package revision to NEW
> (using -v for dpkg-genchangelogs), or wait for the package to clear NEW
> and then upload the update, since I have to upload a source-only package
> for it transition from unstable -> testing?

I personally wait for clearing new and do the source-only upload later.