Re: [RFS] python-biopython 1.78+dfsg-3

Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org> writes:

> 	https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=python-biopython&arch=mipsel&ver=1.78%2Bdfsg-2&stamp=1601713196&raw=0

Thanks for the report!  I don't have access to any buildd servers, but I
was able to reproduce makeblastdb failures with current defaults on the
mipsel porterbox eller.debian.org, and found a maximum safe explicit
BLASTDB_LMDB_MAP_SIZE setting of somewhat over 716,000,000 (commas added
here for clarity, but not supported in the actual setting).  It's hard
to tell what the precise limit is because some settings yield only
intermittent failures, but I probably shouldn't cut it too close anyway,
so I suppose I'll declare that 640 MiB should be enough for everybody on
this architecture. ;-) I'll make this adjustment on the BLAST+ side and
issue a give-back request for python-biopython on mipsel once a suitable
new BLAST+ build is available there.

> On the great news side, the build on riscv64 went through!  :)

Glad to hear it!

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu