Data package for autopkgtests (and more) (Was: Videoconference Friday 2020-09-18 18:00 UTC)

Hi Steffen,

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 12:25:35AM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Sorry. These Friday evenings are a bit difficult for me.

This should be considered fixed now.  In future we'll meet at every 2nd
and every 17th of a month - so this will be usually different days than
Friday (unfortunately the next meeting on 2nd October is also Friday,
sorry).

> Data and subsequently tutorials though are kind of the next thing for
> us, I agree.

Influenced by the discussion on debian-devel list[1] I have the
following suggestion for the main purpose to provide test data
for Debian Med packages:

  1. create a package debian-med-testdata
  2. this package should ship those larger data sets that would
     occupy "to much" space in binary packages
  3. Install those data to

        /usr/share/debian-med/data/PKGNAME

     Packages can find their test data there.  If we design it
     properly different packages might be able to use the same
     data.  Second consumers of those data might just use a
     symlink.

We could start so with the data for edtsurf which was rejected and
the cause of the discussion[1].

Please comment on the suggestion itself, the suggested directory
layout and moreover candidates for data are welcome.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2020/09/msg00197.html