Re: libjs-jquery-datatables-extensions: pandoc needs vfs_fonts.js

On 24.08.20 11:08, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 04:17:37AM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
>> @Andreas,
>>
>> good news: I made quite some inroads on why pigx-rnaseq does not work.
>> But that is for another email.
>>
>> My current hurdle is that vfs_fonts.js is missed by pandoc:
>>
>> pandoc:
>> /usr/lib/R/site-library/DT/htmlwidgets/lib/datatables-extensions/Buttons/js/vfs_fonts.js:
>> openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
>>
>> This file should have been located next to pdfmake in
>>
>> /usr/share/javascript/jquery-datatables-extensions/pdfmake/build
>>
>> but
>>
>> Files-Excluded: */buttons.flash*
>>                 */*.swf
>>                 */vfs_fonts.js
>>
>> does not want that. There are suggestions on
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48835055/pdfmake-cant-find-the-font-files-on-vfs
>> to create one's own variant, but this should then happen within that
>> JavaScript package, right?
> May be you file a bug report to datatables-extensions upstream to provide
> a free font version?

Here is the original
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/naoa/pdfmake/master/build/vfs_fonts.js

and this GenShinGothic has a "non-commercial use only" license, indeed.

https://en.m.fontke.com/font/23789742/detail/

I just submitted https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=968944.

On a sidenote, Rebecca reopened
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=927787 since
DataTables apparently has a new repository on github where each
subdirectory is presented as its very own package, like
https://github.com/DataTables/Select or (more prominently)
https://github.com/DataTables/Buttons .

I also checked
https://github.com/DataTables/pdfmake/blob/master/build/vfs_fonts.js
which now just ships with a an embedded "LICENSE.txt" and no font which
I presume to be fine to redistribute. I'll see if this also works with
the current version and am not unlikely to close my own bug that way.

As Rebecca stated, this new DataTables repository also affects
snakemake. I consider it remote to our cause for now. Would not mind a
"JavaScript" Tab in our Spreadsheet.

Best,

Steffen