Re: RFS : daligner

Hi Shruti,

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 08:30:37PM +0530, Shruti Sridhar wrote:
> My name is Shruti. I am currently studying Biological Sciences and Chemical
> Engineering in India. I would love to contribute to Debian Med.

Thanks a lot for your interest into Debian Med.  I'm really happy to see
another newcomer to our team.  Feel free to ask any question you might
have here.  We are an inviting team and try to guide newcomers kindly.

> I have added autopkgtests for daligner. Kindly review and let me know if I
> have to make any changes.

That's a pretty good start.  Your solution is fully functional but I
commited some basically nitpicking changes you can follow in the commit
log and there is no real point to discuss these here further.  Two
general remarks:

  1. If you do changes to a package please also add an entry to
     debian/changelog.  This can be done either manually but I'd
     recommend a new entry by

       dch --team

     or alternatively if you have done several changes in the
     first place

       gbp dch

     (which I did in the daligner case).

  2. If possible avoid unneeded (t)csh dependencies.  I'm fine
     with users who decide to profit from the comfort of csh.
     However, in scripts it is better to rely on POSIX shell as
     much as possible.  Recent gcc-10 errors of tcsh had an
     influence on several of our packages which is just creating
     nasty noise.  While the daligner readme was advertising tcsh
     (may be simply since the authors are using it) it was perfectly
     simple shell code to execute and thus I replaced tcsh by sh.

Thanks for your first Debian Med package and welcome in the team