Re: Import of debian med packages metadata to Tools Platform Ecosystem

This is great news, thank you for this, Hervé.

For now I think the most important bit is to have anything that is
automated in some reasonable way. And then let's extend that over time.
This should give edam annotation a particular boost, I tend to think.

You may be aware of an earlier email in which I described the Google
Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tApLhVqxRZ2VOuMH_aPUgFENQJfbLlB_PFH_Ah_q7hM/edit?usp=sharing
to provide an overview on what packages (rows) are important for which
workflows (columns).

Now imagine what EDAM could do for us along those lines. @Jon,Matúš,
should we possibly do some bulk EDAM annotation just for the packages on
this "virus" tab? I suggest several iterations, like Topics first to
provide the summary scope and I/O+File formats second for the individual
executables once we know more about it all.

Best,

Steffen