Re: PIQUE packaging (Was: request for r-cran packages) [correction]

On 23/07/2020 07:56, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Tony,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 11:46:03PM +0100, Tony Travis wrote:
Analysis finished: Mon Jul 20 13:56:47 2020

Create sativas_GWAS.covar file...
smartpca -p sativas_GWAS.par > sativas_GWAS-smartpca.log
OOPS -i flag not specified at /usr/bin/smartpca line 21.
pique: error - Can't read sativas_GWAS.evec
make: *** [Makefile:29: input] Fehler 255

Hi, Andreas.

The "pique-input" script should be running /usr/lib/eigensoft/smartpca, not /usr/bin/smartpca and my version does:

root@beluga:/opt/local/src/GWAS/PIQUE/test# make |& tee make.log
[...] > root@beluga:/opt/local/src/GWAS/PIQUE/test# fgrep smartpca *.log
make.log:/usr/lib/eigensoft/smartpca -p sativas_GWAS.par > sativas_GWAS-smartpca.log
sativas_GWAS-pique-input.log:/usr/lib/eigensoft/smartpca -p sativas_GWAS.par

Please will you try a "git pull" to make sure your copy of my PIQUE GitHub repo is up-to-date - Thanks.

[...]
libparallel-forkmanager-perl is in the list of Depends of the pique
package uploaded to new - so this should be settled.

Yes, I understand that - I'm just letting you know that all the other dependencies of PIQUE are already satisfied by installing the "med-bio" and "med-bio-dev" meta-packages, which is a vast improvement over the way we used to install it in the bad old days :-)hadhad

I'll update PIQUE on Github and remove the tar-ball dependencies from it now
that everything I need is available in "med-bio" or "med-bio-dev".

Well, "everything you need" is (hopefully) specified as Depends of the
pique package - if not that should be fixed.  IMHO we need to sort out
the details of the error above.  Could you please check with a recent
version of eigensoft the issue behing the

    OOPS -i flag not specified at /usr/bin/smartpca line 21.

message?  The version that was used in this test is 7.2.1+dfsg-1.

See above, "pique-input" should run "/usr/lib/eigensoft/smartpca".

root@beluga:/opt/local/src/GWAS/PIQUE/test# apt policy eigensoft
eigensoft:
  Installed: 7.2.1+dfsg-1build1
  Candidate: 7.2.1+dfsg-1build1
  Version table:
 *** 7.2.1+dfsg-1build1 500
        500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/multiverse amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

[...]
Regarding testing I'd like to refresh my mail from March of last
year which I somehow can not find inside the web archive, so
I'm copying its content here:

    Regarding testing pique (and to find such missing depends):  test/Makefile
    also uses wget to download data.  Could you provide a simple shell script
    that is using only the available data to test the functionality of pique
a) in a build time test
       b) as autopkgtest

It's not possible to test PIQUE without a data-set large enough to use for GWAS, which is why I use "wget" to download one and avoid storing large blob in the GitHub repo. The data-sets we normally use contain millions of SNPS, but this small data-set is what we used during the development of PIQUE and what we use when teaching how to use it.

Not sure if that helps?

Thanks again,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk