Re: semi-RFS: xenium - good enough for me (at the moment)

Hi Steffen,

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 10:02:42PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is more to the package than I managed to investigate:
>  - How is the benchmarking properly invoked? It builds at least.

I have no idea for the moment.

>  - How is the google test properly built/performed? Better have a look
> at azure-pipelines.yml

Could you please add DEP3 header to your patch that deals with gtest
issues?  Its not obvious for the reader what your changes (basically
commenting out things) are approaching.

>  - Why does the build fail over detecting pthread bits when I enable the
> (optional) libcds inclusion?

You mean when enabling what you commented in d/rules with
   # -DWITH_LIBCDS="1"
?

> But there is documentation built and as a headers-only library the files
> also install neatly to /usr/include/xenium. This should be sufficient to
> eventually address the reverse dependency mmmulti, but, .. if someone
> reading this feels like rounding this up - would be much appreciated.
> What's nagging the most is that I lack the time to edutain myself on the
> nitty gritty of parallel computing that these libraries are helping
> with. So, I finished this "functional enough for Covid-19" package but
> cannot do more to make it a prime example for Debian packaging.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/xenium

I've done a bit of polishing and did a version upgrade but I was not
really addressing your questions.  May be one of the great new members
(in CC or anybody else :-) ) might catch up in more detail.

> Many thanks and best wishes to everyone,

Thanks for your initial preparation