Re: [Help needed] ont-fast5-api

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> Hi Nilesh,
>
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 03:43:15PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I was working on packaging ont-fast5-api, and did a few workarounds
>> (disabling tests needing sudo and copying data to .pybuild dir - weirdly
>> enough it wasn't getting copied).
>
> Yes, that's weird.  I've solved this and confirm tests are working.

Out of curiosity, why did any tests need sudo in the first place?  It
looks like this package handles data format conversion, which I wouldn't
expect to need any special privileges.

> I admit I do not really care about dh_dwz and took the freedom to simply
> let it pass. :-P

Yeah, from what I gather dwz still isn't entirely robust, so it's OK to
suppress it for now, for instance by supplying an override_dh_dwz rule
that does nothing.

> objcopy: Unable to recognise the format of the input file `debian/ont-fast5-api/usr/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/ont_fast5_api/vbz_plugin/libvbz_hdf_plugin_aarch64.so'

Ugh, looks like there are prebuilt binaries in ont-fast5-api/vbz_plugin
with no obvious source.  Please repack this package without them.

Thanks!

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu