Re: Can someone else check and sponsor (Was: nanofilt ready for upload)

Hello Nilesh,

> If I may suggest ...
> You can run the test on your machine manually once and you'll get output
> file(s). This is something you can diff against.
>
> Add those files to say "debian/tests/expected/" and install these files
> as examples and take diff with what you get when you run-unit-test.

That's a great suggestion.

Though, the only reason I didn't do this was what if the output
generated on my machine was incorrect (which has happened a good few
times). It's something I've personally always been more comfortable with
letting upstream do that (especially as they can cross-check the
expected results to see if it is truly 'expected'), but I think it's
something I can let upstream know with adding these expected output
within the upstream tarball.

> +1: I use stable as well.
> I have another debian-sid "schroot" made.
> For cme I always do this:
>
> $ schroot -c debian-sid
> $ cme fix dpkg
> $ exit

Ahh great, thank you! I wasn't aware of this. I've initially always been
doing normal packaging on my buster machine, hoping I'd remember to
change the standards version back (which isn't always the case) and then
just running `gbp buildpackage --git-builder=sbuild -A -v -d unstable`
to build, test and check the package.

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust