Re: routine-update - epoch handling

Hi Steffen,

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 01:36:53PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> I just updated seaview with routine update.
>
> Now running lintian seaview_5.0.2-1_source.changes ...
> E: seaview source: epoch-changed-but-upstream-version-did-not-go-backwards
> 1:4.7-1 -> 5.0.2-1
> W: seaview source: epoch-change-without-comment 1:4.7-1 -> 5.0.2-1
> Finished running lintian.
>
> Have manually added the epoch back in. Am not exactly sure about where the
> problem is rooted since the tags or anything else don't have that epoch in
> their (file)names.
>
> Maybe someone of yours feels more confident than me to chase this up.

Since we have a package now it should be possible to write a proper bug
report.  I admit it happened to me as well once I had a package with
epoch.  I decided to save my time when facing this border case but for
sure that should be fixed.  So having a record in BTS rather than a
random mail to the mailing list seems to be sensible.