[RFC] Update libssw? (Needed by parasail)

Hiya,

The upstream of libssw has version - 1.24 [1] mentioned in their code, and it seems the haven't made the releases properly.
(This is not the case with the same file in Debian though)
Andreas Tille has also opened an issue about the same for making suitable releases here [2].

I'm right now trying to package parasail, which has a dependency on libssw (After removing the corresponding code copy). Using libssw available in debian's archive, I end up with this error [3].

It appears that this is likely due to update in the upstream code. Hence, I would request switching libssw to git mode temporarily so as to make an update, and upload the same.

Please excuse my brevity if in case this is my personal mistake, and has got nothing to do with libssw's update.

[1]: https://github.com/mengyao/Complete-Striped-Smith-Waterman-Library/blob/master/src/ssw.c#L59

[2]: https://github.com/mengyao/Complete-Striped-Smith-Waterman-Library/issues/72

[3]: https://paste.debian.net/1139433/

Thanks and regards