prinseq(-lite), a dependency of virus seeker

Greetings Everyone,

While studying the building of the software VirusSeeker[1], in
its quite furnished dependency list[2], I noted that there is a
component missing from Debian: PRINSEQ[3].  The tools comes in
two flavors[4]:
  1. the standalone version, also known as prinseq-lite.pl;
  2. the web version, or prinseq-web.

According to the dependency list, only the lite version is
required for VirusSeeker.  The command apt-file reported nothing
about already existing prinseq related file in Debian, and I've
seen any occurrence of it in the prospective package pool, so it
looks like a nifty little package to grind my teeth on, as a
starter.  :)

The two prinseq packages are provided into two different and
independent tarballs, so that might be two different source
packages perhaps.  I don't know if the web version would be
interesting as well, but I thought it would be interesting to
mention it exists.

Also, a small technico-legal question, I see occurrences of the
following message:
> If you use PRINSEQ, please cite:
> Schmieder R and Edwards R: Quality control and preprocessing
> of metagenomic datasets. Bioinformatics 2011, 27:863-864.
> [PMID: 21278185]
Has it any form of legal enforcement that could possibly impede
integration to Debian ?  (I'd rather ask before going a bit too
far further...)