[covid] New Contributor for biohackathon

Hi there!

I would like to help out with the efforts of the biohackathon. Sadly I see I missed the jitsi meetings. I was busy making my first debian package. I have a pretty good understanding of the debian policy, but I'm sure there is room for improvement.

I was following the need for packaging the CHIME project which requires the streamlit package. After taking a look at the dependencies for streamlit I saw there were only a few missing packages. One of them being validators. Since this was a simple python module, I figured it would be a good first package to try my hand.

upstream: https://github.com/kvesteri/validators

I have submitted an ITP to the bug tracker

And have a building package on salsa:
https://salsa.debian.org/fancycade-guest/validators

At this point I think I need a review and someone to sponsor it. I have also submitted a request to join the Debian Python Modules team, but have not gotten a reply yet.

Thanks!

- Harley Swick