Re: [GSoC] Re: Help with the package medicalterms

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 4:03 PM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Pranav,
> So, one of the binaries in this package is a dictionary for hunspell, but
> debian/control doesn't list hunspell as a dependency.

Ahhh, nice catch!  Things like this are the reason why we add those tests!

> The dependencies listed are other dictionaries, so the actual program isn't
> installed, and can't be found while testing.
> I have added it now, and added a few tests as well. Please take a look.

Great work.  I installed the run-unit-tests script and README.test also
in the binary package.  We do this in the Debian Med team since this
enables users reproducing the tests on their local machine.

Thanks! I'll add these as well from now.

When doing so I realised that the alternative dictionaries de_AT and
de_CH are fulfilling package dependencies and thus the existence of the
de_DE dictionary which is used inside the test is not granted on random
machines (while the autopkgtest environment just picks the first
dependency and here the test is fine).  I simply added a check what
actual dictionary is installed and uploaded.

Thanks, I didn't notice the OR. I'll keep this in mind too.

Thanks for your contribution and moreover thanks for proving that you as
student found a solution which I as mentor did not thought of.  That's
really great.

My pleasure. It was only possible because I learnt about debian/control through idba.
Learning new things everyday!

Regards,
Pranav