Re: Introducing myself as Outreachy applicant

Hi

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 at 15:48, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Naga,

On Mon, Mar 09, 2020 at 10:41:45AM +0530, Naga Malli CH wrote:
> Hi
> I am an Outreachy Applicant.I went through first phase of application for
> outreachy
>
> I want to Contribute to the project "Quality Assurance and Continuous
> integration for applications in life sciences and medicine" Project
>
> I have gone through the gitlab instance of debian Med Project.

Thanks for registering.

It would be helpful if you could give some short introduction about your
skills regarding Bioinformatics (or other fields Debian Med is covering)
and your level of Debian packaging skills.  The mailing list archive of
this list contains some hints how to start.  I'd recommend the mailing
list archives from last February[1] or March[2] featuring the term "test"
in subject.  I'd specifically recommend my mail[3] about the automatic
generation of a task list.

I can say i am a very beginner when coming to Packaging and I come from Electronics Background. I found two threads in the mailing list archives.

> Please advice me with a task to proceed with.

If you can not obtain a task from these hints that's perfectly fine.  We
are happy to give more detailed hints once we might know more about your
skills to let us know what exact information might be helpful for you.

I have gone through the lists you have mentioned. I have cloned a package and failed to apply the test. However i looked at various tests written in Example:  [1] and also looked at the autopkgtest added in [2]. I feel i need a little more input to help me go ahead.

Kind regards and thanks for your interest in our outreachy project

+     Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2020/02/threads.html
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2020/03/threads.html
[3] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2020/02/msg00096.html