Re: Help with autopkgtest for package andi

Hey Fabian,
Thank you for the follow-ups :D

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 9:56 PM Fabian Klötzl <kloetzl@evolbio.mpg.de> wrote:
Hi,

Adding autopackagetests for andi has been on my TODO list for a long
time, as I am both its upstream author and maintainer. However, as my
dissertation is due in two weeks, that currently takes priority.

If you want to go forward with the tests, here are some pointers: The
package comes with eight tests, all located in the test directory. Of
these test_esa, test_process, and test_seq are compile time only. Don't
worry about them.

The shell scripts verify andi in different conditions. To that end, andi
has to be fed simulated sequences as I didn't want to check in large
data into git. So the shell scripts use a program called test_fasta,
which basically simulates genetic sequences. So you first have to figure
out how to build that simulator during the autopackgetest. Next, run the
shell scripts. Finally, make the tests reproducible, as they can
randomly fail. Check test_random.sh for some documentation on that. You
probably also have to patch the path to andi currently hard coded in the
scripts.
Feel free to ask any question you like; I am happy to assist you.

I went through the files, andi-manual.pdf and went through the test/directory.
For that, I have added a file (debian/tests/run-unit-test) which is as follows:

 #!/bin/bash
set -e

pkg=andi

export LC_ALL=C.UTF-8
if [ "${AUTOPKGTEST_TMP}" = "" ] ; then
  AUTOPKGTEST_TMP=$(mktemp -d /tmp/${pkg}-test.XXXXXX)
  # Double quote below to expand the temporary directory variable now versus
  # later is on purpose.
  # shellcheck disable=SC2064
  trap "rm -rf ${AUTOPKGTEST_TMP}" 0 INT QUIT ABRT PIPE TERM
fi

mkdir ${AUTOPKGTEST_TMP}/test
cp -a test/* "${AUTOPKGTEST_TMP}/test"

 cd "${AUTOPKGTEST_TMP}"

./test/*.sh

Following error was encountered:
autopkgtest [00:00:12]: test run-unit-test: [-----------------------
Triggering low homology failed
a_low.fa:>S0 (base_seed: 744030346)
a_low.fa:>S1 (base_seed: 744030346)
b_low.fa:>S0 (base_seed: 2613208344)
b_low.fa:>S1 (base_seed: 2613208344)
both_low.fa:>S0 (base_seed: 2592210513)
both_low.fa:>S1 (base_seed: 2592210513)
autopkgtest [00:00:13]: test run-unit-test: -----------------------]
autopkgtest [00:00:13]: test run-unit-test:  - - - - - - - - - - results - - - - - - - - - -
run-unit-test        FAIL non-zero exit status 1

I'm not really sure about it, can you please help me with it?

Thanks and regards,
Samyak Jain.