Re: Using janitor-bot? (Was: libzerg | Fix debci, update package (!1))

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020, 14:16 Andreas Tille, <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Nilesh,

to unhide your question from random salsa merge request I'm
forwarding it to the list.

On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 11:40:59AM +0000, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> Nilesh Patra commented on a discussion: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/libzerg/-/merge_requests/1#note_145441
>
> Righty.
> Just btw, will it be a good idea to give @janitor-bot-guest src:[debian-janitor](https://salsa.debian.org/jelmer/debian-janitor) push access for doing the routine-update thingy on exisitng repositories?

While I think its a good idea to have some means to mass commit changes
to our repositories I'm not fully convinced that its helpful to enable
bots commiting to our git without any urgent need.  I *personally* think
it makes more sense to make changes in a short time frame before an
upload is done.  This brings potential issues to the attention of the
maintainer who is actual working on the package.

> I think right now, ruby-team uses it.

I have also seen team wide automatic changes in Debian Python Modules
team.  But I'm not convinced that this will solve any urgent problem.

I get it. Routine update it is, then. Let's add in even more features to routine-update then, :)

Regards,
Nilesh