Re: License change for non-free files in fasta3

Hi Bill,

thanks a lot for your fast and helpful reaction.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 07:25:07PM +0000, Pearson, William R (wrp) wrote:
> I have put a new distribution of the fasta package, but with the same release -- fasta-36.3.8h -- to my public servers and to the fasta36 github:  https://github.com/wrpearson/fasta36
>
> The github.com/wrpearson/fasta36 should be considered the best place to download sources from.

I can confirm that we really love to download sources from Github as
prefered place.  Releases are usually marked by a tag which
automatically puts them on the release page:

   https://github.com/wrpearson/fasta36/releases

Since this page was usually lagging behind your public server[1] we used
this as the download location (which we consider only the second best
solution after Github).  I cloned Github anyway and have not seen any
change in master branch.  The change you are mentioning are in branch
v36.3.8.  Besides the licence change I've also found some other fixes:

/tmp/fasta36(v36.3.8) $ git log
commit 4dec820c25b9250b3500f43b89cec690d736014a (HEAD -> v36.3.8, origin/v36.3.8, origin/HEAD)