Re: Debian Med Sprint 2020 in Berlin?

Thank you Sascha for organizing this! I have responded to the poll, and I invite others to do so As Soon As Possible :-)

Cheers,

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 11:12 PM Sascha Steinbiss <satta@debian.org> wrote:
Dear team,

after some quick discussions with Andreas and Michael, I would be happy to propose Berlin as the next location for the annual sprint. I have checked with my employer [1] and they agreed to let us use their space for the weekend. The location would be the same as in the 2019 Berlin BSP [2]. It is a modern office building in Berlin-Schöneberg, within walking distance to various restaurants and pubs. It is also close to two major S-Bahn (city train) stations, allowing one to get anywhere in Berlin relatively quickly. Hotels and hostels are available a couple of S-Bahn stations away, for example near Anhalter Bahnhof or Potsdamer Platz [3].

Possible dates I have been discussed with our office management team would be in mid-February:

  - 8./9., or
  - 15./16.

The space will be available from Saturday morning until Sunday evening. We will have access to one large (~15 people) and one small (~ 5 people) meeting room, so working in separate groups from time to time is definitely possible. There will be fast wifi and power for laptops, as well as large displays on the walls of each room. There is also an open space with a coffee machine.

I have opened a poll to find out which weekend would suit you better. If you have other suggestions or preferences, please let me know — this was just a first shot and other options can be discussed. However, the weekends directly before and after the dates above are unlikely to work because on these I will not be able to be present for the event, which would be a prerequisite.

Here is the link to the poll:

  https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/debianmed2020/

If we agree to have the sprint in Berlin and also agreed on a date, I would be happy to set up a wiki page.

Best regards
Sascha

[1] https://www.dcso.de
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/BSP/2019/02/de/Berlin