Re: [MoM] Query about mmseqs2 package

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 12:48:37AM +0100, Shayan Doust wrote:
> A question about the FTP masters email we got a few days ago. Out of
> curiosity, what do you think this could be caused from in your opinion?
>
> The size hashes are fairly close to each other, so I think the tarballs
> are still related and not vastly different to each other. Additionally,
> are all new packages each hand processed and checked by some DDs or is
> there a pipelined / automated process accompanying this?

We are using pristine-tar to recreate the tarball "magically" from the
git repository.  The pristine-tar branch contains metainformation about
the original tarball (think of timestamps and user permissions) that are
not available inside the upstream branch of the repository.  It is
needed to get a byte-by-byte identical reproduction of the originally
imported tarball.

I can only guess what Andrius might have done when he uploaded the
package.  May be he cept an older tarball on his disk (from a previous
gbp run) than the one that is currently inside the Git repository?

I think if we have no answer from ftpmaster until I'm back home from
DebConf I'll ping via IRC.  In this case we are not really in a hurry
since I think / hope that ftpmaster stores extra information for some
package close to that package.  My mail contains some: Please do not
look at the current upload wait for the next one.  So they will not
waste time on some incomplete d/copyright (hopefully).