Outreachy Questions

Hi all,

I got a couple of questions (so that I am not asking each one separately in the list). I would be happy if you give me some input and help!

1. I've seen in other projects in Gitlab, that are organised in subgroups. Debian-Med is a sub-group of Debian Salsa but then all the individual packages are under it. Wouldn't it make more sense to have sub-sub-groups? e.g. bioinformaticsTools, imagingTools, etc? If not, why is that? Is there another level or structure somewhere else? E.G. a CI/CD? If so, can you point me there so that I understand and learn more about it?

2. Tests. I know that's a big one but if someone can break it down for me it would be awesome. I am checking older packages, with existing tests to learn more about what's the best way to do it. Some of them, just have sanity checks (i.e. a help message is displayed when there's no argument), some include basic functionality and some are much more detailed. Which is a good level for a test definition to close one of the already existing/open bugs? How do I learn more about system testing? I can't seem to find anything good on bibliography, especially about package/system testing. Everything seems to be about Selenium/hipster-web-tests and blog articles :) Can I add some sample test files if I need int the package? E.g. fasta/sequence files etc. and if so, is there any size constraint?

Thanks for your time!

SH