Re: debian package of libzeep

Hi Maarten,

thanks for staying in contact about libzeep.

I take the freedom to publish your mail on the Debian Med mailing list
since we do all relevant discussion on this list and nothing in your
mail is private.

On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 09:20:07AM +0200, Maarten L. Hekkelman wrote:
> Years ago I packaged some of my software for Debian, at the time I remember
> there was an alioth server. Now I see that the code has moved to a gitlab
> based server.

Yes, that's correct.  Since more than year we are using salsa.debian.org.

> Anyway, I've fixed a couple of bugs in one of the libraries that is still
> distributed by Debian and I would like to see those changes end up in the
> debian versions as well.

Thanks a lot for spotting this.

> I see that the watch file for libzeep contains an
> old address. Since I no longer work at the CMBI I moved my own projects to
> github and perhaps the watch file should track changes there.
>
> Libzeep can now be found at https://github.com/mhekkel/libzeep
>
> I can try to fix a debian package myself if you want, but it is already a
> long time ago since I did that. I'm afraid I will have to relearn most of
> it. Of course I can use the current debian files as a template.

The packages libzeep and mrs are featuring your ID under Uploaders and I
admit I would be happy if we could keep it his way.  The rationale is
that inside Debian Med team there is no real competence for the code
where you are upstream.  Thus I'd prefer if you would consider creating
a login on salsa and either apply for the Debian Med team there or name
your user ID here and I'll add you to the team.  Than we can coordinate
the remaining packaging work.  If you have any issues like knowledge
that needs to be refreshed you are perfectly welcome to ask here.

> Anyway, don't know what would be the best way forward. Hope you can let me
> know.

I hope you like my suggestion.