Re: problem with Abyss

On 14/02/2019 17:14, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Tony,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 01:02:07PM +0000, Tony Travis wrote:
It looks like "ABYSS-P" is missing from the "abyss" package:

root@beluga:~# apt policy abyss
abyss:
   Installed: 2.0.2-3
   Candidate: 2.0.2-3
   Version table:
  *** 2.0.2-3 500
         500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/multiverse amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Using ABYSS-P with MPI is documented on Salsa:

https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/abyss#parallel-processing

I have no idea about the Ubuntu version but the stretch version is
2.0.2-2 which sounds pretty close.  My guess is that the build system
has some tweaks we missed to call to create ABYSS-P.  Since I'm
currently swamped with other stuff:  Would you mind filing a bug report
via

      reportbug abyss

Hi, Andreas.

Well, "reportbug" notified me that a newer version of abyss 2.1.5-4 is available in Debian testing (mine is abyss 2.0.2-3) so I decided not to file a bug report, because "ABYSS-P" is present in that version:

https://packages.debian.org/buster/amd64/abyss/filelist

/usr/bin/DistanceEst
/usr/bin/abyss-fixmate
/usr/bin/abyss-pe
/usr/lib/abyss/ABYSS
/usr/lib/abyss/ABYSS-P

[...]
Is this a similar Ubuntu problem to "metaphlan2", which is still not in
Ubuntu-MATE 18.04 LTS?

Definitely not.  But I'm very sorry, I have no idea how packages are
propagating to Ubuntu and why this is missing. :-(

Actually, I think it probably is a manifestation of the same problem: Some packages are not imported automatically into Ubuntu from Debian testing. I can make a 'sync' request but, this is not a Debian issue!

Maybe we can have a chat about the sync failure in Vilnius?

Bye,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk