Re: Forgot question about licensing of UGENE code (Was: Third party code inside Ugene)

Hi Yuliya,

On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 07:25:26AM +0700, Yuliya Algaer wrote:
> These 2 files have a non-standard license, but I believe the license itself
> is similar to MIT.
>
> The "without fee" text in the license means that we can use this code
> without any fee. The only limitation is to keep the copyright text.
>
> See:
>
> * Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software and its
> * documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that
> * this copyright and notice appears in all copies.
>
> Hope this was a simple misunderstanding and there is no bigger issue here.

Thanks for the clarification.  As I see it now the only non-free code
remaining in the source is psipred.  Since you said that these 3rdparty
plugins are optional I can remove that code from the upstream source
and upload UGENE to Debian main (formerly it was in non-free).  This
would be a really big step forward and would not be possible without
your help.

Unfortunately there is this runtime issue which I have sent with the
subject

   More issues about Ugene (Was: Third party code inside Ugene)

and which for mysterious reasons did not even made it into the list
archive.  Could you please confirm that you received this mail including
the two screenshot images?  If not I'll resent from a different mail
address.

Kind regards and thanks again for your help